- dough weight
- thickness factor
BakersCalc is a simple yet powerful tool for creating, modifying, and sharing baking formulas. It scales your recipes based on baker"s percentage and allows you to quickly change a recipe. If you"d like to learn more about baker"s percentage, King Arthur Flour has a great article that covers it in depth.
Creating a recipe is easy - just tap the green + button on the bottom of your screen to start adding ingredients. Each ingredient can be given a name, type, individual hydration, and of course it's percent. The top bar contains all your settings including number of dough balls, ball weight, bowl residue compensation, and more.As you continue to add/remove ingredients the formula will adjust itself accordingly. To remove ingredients click the appropriate red X button on the right of the corresponding item - mobile users slide left.
We've also introduced "precanned" items to add to your recipe to make formulas a little more accurate. By long pressing the add button you'll be able to select from commonly used ingredients like milk, eggs, and honey. There will be more ingredients coming in the near future.
If you're still not sure where to start feel free to play around with this sourdough formula.
Once you're done creating your recipe you can create a sharable url by clicking the button in the settings toolbar. To copy either BBCode or a HTML table of your formula just click the button and pick which you'd like copied to your clipboard.
BakersCalc was designed to allow for starters at various hydration. If your recipe calls for starter then it's important to account for the percent of flour in the amount of starter used, and subtract it from the total flour percent. For example if a recipe calls for 20% starter @ 100% hydration, then 10% of the total flour is in the starter. The flour in the recipe must add up to 90% so the remaining 10% will add up to give you 100%.
Questions? Comments? Found a bug? You can reach me at email@example.com.
I (the developer) have made every attempt to ensure the accuracy and reliability of the information provided on this website. However, the information is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind. I do not accept any responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, completeness, legality, or reliability of the information contained on this website. This website provides links to other websites owned by third parties.